Sunday, April 08, 2007

Patch Development

I'm constructing the sonic washing machine in Reason 3 as a Combinator instrument. This is a great tool as it allows you to build complex sounds using multiple devices.

It's probably best if I layer samples using the NN-XT sampler and include a mixer to give me control over the different elements. I can also assign various effect units to give me more choices.

There are so many different controls for the sampler and I've found out how to create layer alternate sounds and use multiple velocites.

Because I want to focus on creating patches for the live set I will concentrate on sounds that will work when played as a percussive instrument. This means ensure that the 'release' values must be high in order to give the desired sound from a single hit.

No comments: